So, we all remember Mariah Carey’s original OPI collection (who could forget the beginning of the “liquid sand” trend?). The colors were beautiful and trendy, and truly all must-haves! For OPI and Mariah Carey lovers alike, OPI’s limited edition holiday collection will be a dream come true! Mariah Carey and OPI have teamed up to create a limited edition collection of lacquers inspired by Mariah’s holiday album, and the holiday season! Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI executive VP and artistic director, says that the 18 polishes in this collection “evoke the warmth, beauty, energy and positive spirit that’s present in Mariah’s music”, and I must agree! The polishes in this collection are deep, rich colors, like reds, golds, champagnes, and more, and truly evoke a sophisticated image of the holiday season! Pictures below are from OPI’s press release, and are from Bohemian Varnish.
OPI describes the polishes as the following:
- My Favorite Ornament – Make this champagne glitter your new personal favorite.
- All I Want for Christmas (is OPI) – This marvelous maroon is present-ly my top choice.
- Cute Little Vixen – This deep red violet has foxy written all over it.
- Underneath the Mistletoe – Is my kiss as spicy-sweet as this candy-apple red?
- In My Santa Suit – This generously pigmented red is worth staying on the “nice” list.
- Visions of Love – I see this rich burgundy in my immediate future.
- Warm Me Up – This spiced coffee hits all the cold spots.
- Wonderous Star – This gold-flecked shimmer has heavenly shine.
- All Sparkly and Gold – What more can we say…the name says it all.
- Sleigh Ride for Two – There’s only room left for this dark hot chocolate.
- Ski Slope Sweetie – This golden pearl is everybunny’s favorite.
- I Snow You Love Me – Just like I snow you love this disco light confetti.
- Silent Stars Go By – This blush of textured pink has parades of sparkle.
- Baby Please Come Home – Can’t wait to see you…in this textured and sparkling lilac.
- Make Him Mine – But make this textured glistening rose mine first!
- It’s Frosty Outside – This frosted silver is so icy it’s hot.
- Emotions – This dramatic sparkling coal has got me feeling fine.
- Kiss Me at Midnight – It’s time to fall in love with this frosted ice blue.
I don’t know about you guys, but I NEED I Snow You Love Me in my life. A silver sequin glitter!!!!! When it arrives at my local Ulta, I will most definite be picking it up! Other favorites from the press release pictures include Wonderous and All I Want For Christmas (is OPI). My favorite of the Liquid Sands HAS to be Kiss Me at Midnight! Which polish will you be picking up out of this collection? Let me know in the collection!
Oh, did I mention? There’s a new WHITE GOLD topcoat being released with this collection! We all remember The Man With the Golden Gun 18-karat gold topper released with the James Bond collection. I’m so excited to see a white gold and silver topper, I really hope it’s as classy as it sounds!
This collection will be officially released in October 2013, though many bloggers have been reporting seeing them showing up in their local Ulta stores. OPI polishes will retail for $9 a bottle, and can be found at beauty supplies stores, as well as on OPI’s website, here.