I’m so excited to inform you all that The Polish Influenza has officially hit 100 follower between WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin’, and Pinterest! Your incredible support is overwhelming- thank you so much for sticking with me as I’ve learned the ins and outs of blogging. I hope what I’ve posted has been enjoyable!
To celebrate this amazing milestone, I’m going to be sharing 100 random facts about myself! Hopefully this will let you guys get to know me more (and see I’m more than just a hand with painted nails!). So let’s begin! (This is gon’ take awhile)
1) I’m named after my grandmother on my mom’s side of the family.
2) My favorite color EVAH is turquoise.
3) My least favorite color is orange.
4) I LOVE to watch sailing, especially the America’s Cup! (GO ORACLE- and sorry to my NZ viewers)
5) Puedo hablar en español. He tomado clases en español por 5 años.
6) I can’t stand the sound of silverware rubbing against each other
7) My favorite food is anything with mozzarella cheese
8) My favorite school subject is biology, specifically genetics
9) On the topic of genetics, I have a genetic disorder that makes my joints loose, so I’m super flexible!
10) My nails are 100% natural!
11) I have an 8 year old female black and white English Cocker Spaniel named Dottie
12) Dottie is scared of men
13) Dottie is also scared of other dogs
14) I suck at keeping up my pedicure- I’m really a mani kinda girl
15) The first nail art design I ever found was by dollface22772 on youtube (now she’s Dollish Polish!)
16) I love wearing dresses, whether I have to get dressed up or not
17) I also like doing dramatic makeup even if I don’t need to
18) My favorite makeup palette ever is Urban Decay Naked
19) My favorite nail polish of all time is China Glaze Fast Track from the Capitol Colors Collection
20) The Capitol Colors collection is also my favorite nail polish collection, followed by OPI’s Euro Centrale
21) I’ve been to physical therapy twice- both times for my shoulders
22) I’m ridiculously competitive at Mario Kart
23) When I was little, I collected over 100 Webkinz
24) I still maintain my neopets account- I’m koopaeliz (see the Mario theme?)
25) My favorite texting icon is “xD”, and it’s a laughing face- the more D’s, the funnier it is!
26) I love Seventeen magazine- I hope to be in it one day!
27) One of my best friends is Naa from Adolescent Chic– go follow her!
28) I’m obsessed with Bastille, Mumford and Sons, Imagine Dragons, and AWOLNATION
29) My favorite song when I’m sad is “Live Like a Warrior” by Matisyahu
30) I’m a closet K-Pop fan (Korean Pop) and my favorite groups are UKISS and 2NE1
31) I also love spanish and latin pop music, especially Danza Kuduro by Don Omar
32) The best job I’ve ever had was as a camp counselor for 10 year old girls
33) I’m currently employed as a math tutor at two separate locations
34) I blog to relieve stress- that was the original reason I started the blog
35) I’ve played piano for 11 years
36) I also play xylophone/marimba/vibraphone- I’ve played that for 6 years
37) I have brunette hair, but I regularly highlight it blonde
38) I’m really short, 5’2″ to be precise
39) I have a narrow foot, so shoes often don’t fit me- I can’t wear flats
40) I have an obsession with glitter
41) Bath and Body Works is an addiction- I love their lotions!
42) Favorite song of all time? Little Lion Man by Mumford and sons- it has over 1700 plays on iTunes!
43) I’m not a morning person. At all. I can stay up until 1 or 2 am, but I can’t get up before 10 in the morning, at the earliest!
44) I’m a mac person
45) I have perfect 20/20 vision and don’t wear glasses
46) I love crime shows, they’re addictive
47) I’m the captain of my school’s Science Olympiad Team- I have a total of 11 medals from 3 years!
48) I love the Hunger Games
49) I used to LOVE Twilight, and was team Edward
50) My current favorite book is Girl With a Pearl Earring
51) I’m a Food Network addict
52) When I came up with my blog name, I actually came up with the catchphrase first, then the name
53) I’m convinced all my Polish viewers are looking for a disease from Poland, but find nail polish instead!
54) I have views from all 6 inhabitable continents and over 50 countries!
55) My greatest following is from the USA, then Great Britain, then Canada, then Australia!
56) I can’t sleep if my pillow isn’t cold
57) I don’t eat orange candies. Of any kinds
58) I miss lime skittles terribly
59) I really want a kitten, but my dad hates them and my sister is allergic
60) I don’t like butter. I know I’m weird, but I just don’t like it
61) I will eat a whole bowl of cookie dough without baking the cookies. No questions asked
62) My goal is to play piano at Carnegie Hall one day
63) I’ve never left North America before, but I’m going to Europe for the first time this summer!
64) My dream is to one day see Spain
65) My family and I love to take cruise vacations!
66) I’m attempting to learn some HTML so I can better improve my blog
67) I drive a 13 year old car and call her Val (short for the Value Package)
68) I really love mint
69) Chocolate makes me happy, especially chocolate from Switzerland
70) My favorite animal is a dolphin
71) I was OBSESSED with Star Wars (specifically Padme Amidala) when I was 9
72) I’ve never seen an episode of Breaking Bad
73) My favorite TV show is Project Runway
74) My favorite guilty pleasure TV shows are Dance Moms, Toddlers and Tiaras, and ANTM
75) Pop culture (i.e. Justine Bieber, Miley Cyrus, the Kardashians) annoys me
76) I don’t watch awards shows on TV but I LOVE looking through the best dressed list the next day!
77) Favorite movie I’ve ever seen was Avatar
78) Klairedelysart on youtube is my idol, she’s amazing
79) I also frequently watch ihaveacupcake (nail art), sasakiasahi (makeup) and hannahroxnails (nails) on youtube
80) I’ve never had a boyfriend
81) I’m addicted to the websites themetapicture.com, iwastesomuchtime.com, and failblog.com
82) One day I’d love to learn the Korean language
83) I don’t leave the house without mascara on
84) I wear sweatpants pretty much every weekend
85) There’s no smell better in the world than the smell of a campfire
86) I’m afraid of needles, and I got my ears pierced while I was having surgery so I didn’t have to feel it
87) I had jaw surgery two years ago to replace my left and right jaw joints
88) I’m a Candy Crush addict
89) I average 3-4 hours of homework a night for school
90) I’m a total East Coast girl
91) I can’t say no to a Krispy Kreme donut
92) I love swimming in the ocean and I’d love to learn how to surf
93) I used to play tennis
94) I hate running, for any reason
95) I’ve never left Rue 21 without buying something (and the something is usually nail polish)
96) Wicked is my favorite Broadway show ever
97) I seriously love the Lion King and all things Disney
98) I’m double-jointed in my hips, shoulders, knees, ankles, big toes, and jaw
99) I have a lot of tiny freckles on my nose
100) I love my amazing followers ❤
Well, that’s pretty much me in a nutshell guys, I can’t believe I thought of 100 things! Don’t expect this when I get to 200 followers, I don’t have enough facts about me! Thanks again for your support, and heres to many more nail polish filled posts to come!