So, it’s about time I FINALLY get around to this post. I’ve been nominated several times for this award, and my schedule up to this point has been too busy to do anything about it! But it’s time to give my thanks for the nominations, and nominate my own winners for the fabulous Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award is present to a stand-out blog with under 200 followers (or around that number, in my case) in order to reward a blogger’s superior efforts and to help gain more followers. I’d love to thank the lovely Ginger Loves Makeup, Divya Pandey at Nails Jazzed Up, and Catherine Dream from This Kitten Has Klaws. If I missed your nomination, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know, it’s been way too long, and I will make sure to add your link to this post! Thank you so much lovely ladies, I appreciate the honor so much!
In order to accept the award, I have to nominate 11 new bloggers for the award as well! And my selections are…
1) Naa at Adolescent Chic: This girl knows her fashion, and she’s ready to share it with the world!
2) Painted Fingertips: Her innovative nail art designs and swatches will make you a nail addict, too!
3) Nailmattic: You’re going to love this girl’s fabulous swatches!
4) Flight of Whimsy: The nail art designs she creates are absolutely to die for! A must-see!
5) Good Lack, Nail!: She’s got a knack for nail polish, and her beautiful modeling pics are gorgeous!
6) Bohemian Varnish: She’ll give you the one-up on the latest collections, first!
7) K’s Nail Art: She is such a pro at nail art, I love her work!
8) Lacquered by Blue Vanilla: Her designs are just too cute!
9) So Many Lovely Things: She’s got makeup and nails and fashion, oh my!
10) Shine and Sheen: She’s an up and coming nail blogger with some great designs for you!
11) Ginger Loves Makeup: Between nails and makeup, she’s got some great beauty pics for you!
Congrats, ladies, you really deserve this!
And now, for the question portion! I have to answer some questions about myself based off of the person who nominated me! Since Catherine nominated me the most recently, I’ll be using hers!
1) Name the first 5 items you see right now if you open your fridge.
Fresh mozzarella (my fave!), apple cider, powerade, grapes, and parmesan cheese, yum!
2) What would be your dream career path? And is it the one you’re on right now?
My dream career would be to become a concert pianist. My current job is a math tutor (I still like it though!)
3) What is your favourite nail polish finish and colour family?
Well the easy part is the color family- SILVER GLITTERS! I have way too many of them xD As for favorite nail polish, at the moment, I think it has to be China Glaze’s Fast Track, a gorgeous gold-shimmery nude.
4) If you could read only one book for the rest of your day, what book would it be?
The Girl With a Pearl Earring, it’s so captivating!
5) Omnivore, carnivore or herbivore? Why?
Carnivore because bacon. Enough said.
6) Do you get OCD about stuff? If yes, describe three such things.
Oh, I’m SO OCD. I hate when people only partially erase a chalk board/white board at school, among other things!
7) Be awesome and tell us, what’s in your bag?
My school books…. I’m such a nerd!
8) What was your favourite childhood story/book and do you still like it or have you grown out of it?
Junie B. Jones books always made me laugh out loud, and honestly, not much has changed since then, I still love them!
9) If you could choose a wardrobe from any given decade and century what would it be?
The 50s, I love the preppy look of cardigans and poodle skirts, I would totally wear a poodle skirt if it were still fashionably acceptable, lol!
10) Give us a description of what you see when you look out the window this very moment.
Trees…. There’s like a forest in my back yard. My mom is also working in the garden so I see her too!
11) And lastly, what made you start your blog and what are your goals with it?
I started my blog in order to help find a way for me to de-stress during a really rough time in my life. I also wanted a place to share all of my nail polish art. Combine the two, and that’s how you got the Polish Influenza! My goals with this blog are to continue to use this as an outlet to release my anxiety, as well as provide quality content for my readers to enjoy.
So there you have it, folks. To those of whom I have nominated, please answer the same questions I did above! Thanks once again for all the support, I love knowing that what I write is enjoyed by so many people 🙂 I hope your support will continue on!